PROPOSAL FOR THE FINAL PORTFOLIO – LOCATION
After visiting Garema Place and Queanbeyan and plucking up enough courage to place myself in a more difficult situation, I decided to try my hand at Kings Cross and Bondi Beach.
I hit Kings Cross in the afternoon. Light was not good, but then I realised that Darlinghurst Road would seldom have good light. Over the weekend I visited it three times although there were not many subjects each time, but some were definitely interesting. At Kings Cross I would like to capture the different types of people that frequent the place from quite ‘well-to’do’ to the unfortunate down and out ones as well as the 'characters'. At least in some of the photos I want to show that the location was in fact the Cross. I don’t intend doing any night shots due to safety even though it comes alive at night.
Kings Cross is a place that I used to walk through twice daily on my way to and from school (Elizabeth Bay) so it is a drawcard for me. A place from my past. Likewise with Bondi Beach – the surf beach I frequented in my youth.
At Bondi Beach it was a totally different type of place to photograph. All sorts of sporting activities were taking place & being mid-winter, not much of that was surfing even for the hearty ones. There also I would like to capture different types of people that frequent the place – and of course show that it is Bondi Beach.
I might consider doing black and white but probably will stick with the colour.
I intend to take most if not all the photos with my 16-35mm lens as it is my favourite lens. This means that I shall have to get up close to the subjects. I often like foregrounds to be emphasied and backgrounds to be squashed to get detail of the immediate surrounds. On the whole I want detail throughout the photos. These are not places that would benefit from throwing the backgrounds out of focus (I think at this stage).

No comments:
Post a Comment